Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2013

DIY-Applique baby clothes



As promised here is the tutorial for how to do applique baby clothes. First gather the things you need here's my list:

-Onsies or kids shirts whatever you want to applique on
-lots of fabric scraps you don't really need lots because your letters or shapes aren't going to be very big.
-thread
-paper






So the first thing I do is draw or plan out what i'm going to put on my clothing for this one i'm putting the words "lil link" for my baby Lincoln and then I'm putting links leading to an anchor on the back.


Next I plan out what fabrics i'm going to use together and which letters I want out of which fabric and then I carefully use the rotary cutter and scissors to cut out my letters. I also lay them out on my clothes to make sure I like how it's going to look and fits on it.


Now you want to sew each piece onto your clothing and you want to use a zig zag stitch and sew it around the outside of the letters and if any of your letters or shapes have inner seams make sure to sew them as well like if you have a letter "b" or an "o" sew inside the letter so that when you wash it that it doesn't fall apart. You sew around the edges of all of your letters and shapes and then your done. You might want to start with an easy large shape or a small short word because this can be a tricky craft due to the small areas your sewing. Here's my finished "lil link" project can't wait for him to wear it!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment