Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Teething Necklace

Today I decided to make some teething necklaces now I know my baby won't be using them for a little while still but I thought I would be prepared and I think their really cute and might wear them just as fashion also. so here's the list of things you need:


Supplies:

-1/4 yard of fabric
-20mm wooden beads ( I used about 10-11 per necklace)
-thread





The first thing I did was to cut my fabric into 4.5 inch long strips, you should be able to get 2 strips out of your 1/4 yard of fabric.
then you need to sew your long fabric pieces right sides together on your short (4.5inch) side and then press 
the seam open 














next you need to sew the whole strip right sides together on the long side with a 1/2 inch seam. after you sew the whole piece you need to turn it so the right side is on the outside and your seam is on the inside.

after you have it turned you need to turn one end about a 1/2 inch and sew the end shut, this will finish your end                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   after you have the end finished I measured 11 inches down and tied my first knot, then slip your bead down to the knot and tie another knot as tight against your bead as you can get, you will continue doing this until you have it the length you want I used 9 beads on this one. after you have all the beads you want you need to tie a final knot and measure 11.5 inches from that bead and turn 1/2 inch under and sew again to finish your final end. your necklace is now finished and you can tie a knot in the two ends at the length you want to wear it.
and here is your final product!! enjoy and post what you've made!


No comments:

Post a Comment