Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

DIY- Changing Pad

Why can't changing pads be cute I mean I use mine all the time and the one that came with my diaper bag wasn't easy to wipe poop off so every time daddy changed baby I ended up with yellow little stains on my changing pad.. eww so I decided to make one that was cute and easy to clean up. This project is fairly easy the most difficult part I found was working with the vinyl, I found it easiest by always sewing with it on the top and using my walking foot on my machine. You need to start with the following supplies:

-1/4 yard of vinyl ( this will either make 2 one sided pads or 1 double sided pad)
- 1/2 yard of fabric for the front
-1/2 yard of fabric for the back
- 1 package of bias tape (I used 1/2 inch double fold)
- Piece of batting the size of your pad




First your going to cut your front fabric, back fabric, vinyl, and batting 12 x 24 inches cut them all out and then your going to layer them exactly how their going to be when your done I did blue fabric right side down, batting, grey fabric right side up and then vinyl.



Now your going to sew around the whole outer edge using 1/4 inch seam and it really works best if you use the walking foot to do this part if not your sewing foot will stick to the vinyl.

Now I trim around the edges being careful to not cut over any of my seams I cut about 1/4 inch from the seams so that it makes working with my bias tape a little easier.



Now your going to split your pad into thirds and mark each fold and sew on each of the marks you made this will make folding your pad up easier and give it a nice finished look when your done.









Next you are going to do your bias tape, I start half way and fold the end over to give it a finished look, put your bias tape all the way around the pad and once you get to where you started your going to fold the end over for a finished look.

Your now finished and this is your awesome, cute easy to clean poop off changing pad and you can customize it to mach your diaper bag, or just any fabric you love. If you've tried this leave a post in the comments area i'd love to see how it went for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment